Subtraction of color, interruption of a linear continuum of instants, discontinuance of existence, the annihilation of place.
My photographic word is a journey back in time to my earliest memories, to an endless exertion of keeping time frozen, toward a future that looks like it ends up in the beginning.
My inspiration comes from stills of life, forms, and past time gazes which slip by. Whatever motivates me leads me mechanically in replicating a vicious circle for an experiential reminiscence of the past and revival of emotions.
“We come from a dark abyss, we end in a dark abyss, and we call the luminous interval life”
Nikos Kazantzakis, The Saviours of God: Spiritual Exercises, 1923.
Photography Presentations & Selected Group Exhibitions
- Sep.2018: My work presented at Tbilisi Photo Festival 2018
- Oct.2016: “Mini Portfolios” Group Exhibition, Curated by Platon Rivellis, Hellenic American Union, Kennedy Gallery
- June.2016: Presentation in the Benaki Museum
- June.2016: Slideshow presentation with THE GREEK LAB for TEMPS ZERO in Rome
- May.2016: Slideshow presentation with THE GREEK LAB for TEMPS ZERO in Thessaloniki
- Apr.2016: “Seeing Through Photographs by The Museum of Modern Art on Coursera. Certificate earned on April 8, 2016”
- Sep.2015: “The Blue Land” presentation of my work in Fotoistabul 2015
- May. 2015: “Home” exhibition curated by Jacob Aue Sobol and Sun Hee Engelstoft in Delmar Gallery in Sydney
- Mar. 2015: “Family” curated by Platon Rivellis in the Benaki Museum, at Koumpari 1 str, Kolonaki, Athens, Greece.
- Jan. 2015: “Home” curated by Jacob Aue Sobol and Sun Hee Engelstoft, at Casa Bianca, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Dec. 2014: Presentation by Platon Rivellis in the Benaki Museum at 138 Pireos Street, Athens, Greece.
- Oct. 2014: The Fashion Room Service Presentation at City Circus Hostel, 16, Sarri str, Athens.
Director of Photography
- Jul.2015: ‘Enheduanna – A Manifesto of Falling’ World Premiere of the first Live Brain-Computer Cinema Performance, CCA Glasgow
- Dec. 2014: “Where Am I at Home?” at “The engine starts”, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Jul. 2014: “Where Am I at Home?” at “Festival Miden 2014”, Kalamata, Greece.